Posted by zeitcontrol
(22.214.171.124) on November 28, 2002 at 08:57:57:
For doing your first steps with BasicCard all you need is our free development software (see link below).
- Download the development software.
- Install the development software.
- Start the Integrated Development Environment by Start, Programs, BasicCard Pro, ZeitControl Professional IDE.
- Open one of the examples, e.g. the calculator example by menu Help, Open Examples, Calculator (in ZeitControl Professional IDE).
- All source files will be opened. Browse through this files to get an idea how BasicCard works.
- Compile everything by menu Project, Compile All and confirm compile result message boxes which appears.
- With BasicCard Development Software you can simulate and debug your BasicCard program (the program which is normaly executed by the processor of the BasicCard) on your PC. To do this choose Project, Start BasicCard, calc.ZCC. The BasicCard simulator and debugger (Card Debugger) will appear.
- For simple programs you create you PC program (the program which runs on your Windows computer and uses a BasicCard) using our Basic as well. This programs we name "Terminal Program". To start the terminal program for Calculator example choose Project, Start Terminal, calctest.zct. This will cause the Terminal Debugger to appear.
- By default the calculator example is configured such that the terminal is using the simulated BasicCard you have started previously. You know may step through source code line by line by press Step Over or Step Into button in Terminal Debugger. Try this. If you press Step to Card button the program is executed until the control is switched to simulated BasicCard in Card Debugger. Try this. You must switch to card debugger to continue your execution. Try Step Into. Once you want to continue you may press Run button to continue without further stop or Step to Terminal to continue with next execution line in Terminal Debugger.